Our Services for Residential Real Estate
If you’ve signed a Contract to buy real estate, then you need a lawyer. Many mistakenly assume they need only a Real Estate Agent. Numerous legal issues arise when buying a home.
Our real estate lawyers at the Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, LLC. can provide the following services:
- Reviewing potential problems with title & survey, for example:
- unpaid property taxes or assessments
- easements and rights of way
- building set-back lines
- governmental assessments
- special service areas
- homestead rights
- foreclosure suits
- unpermitted exceptions
- building code violations
- governmental violations
- restrictions which interfere with your use of the property
- Helping you meet your many contract deadlines;
- Ensuring that you receive good, merchantable title;
- Advising you of your legal rights, risks & obligations in your contract;
- Advocating for changes in the contract which protect you;
- Negotiating the inspection items on your behalf;
- Obtaining and reviewing your final, written, unconditional loan commitment;
- Making sure you get all the condominium association documents as per Illinois law;
- Negotiating any final walk-through defects on your behalf;
- Attending the closing with you;
- Reviewing for accuracy documents prepared by the Title Company and Seller’s Attorney;
- Explaining your closing documents to you, which usually is hundreds of pages.
Why Choose the ILLINOIS REAL ESTATE LAWYERS at The Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, LLC.?
- WE HAVE EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE LAW. Real estate has always been one of the main focuses of our firm’s practice. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, LLC. have combined experience of 45+ years. Each of our attorneys has handled hundreds of residential real estate closings. One of our real estate attorneys, Colleen L. Sahlas, has trained Realtors on various changes in the law with real estate transactions. Ms. Sahlas has also written articles to attorneys advising them on real estate law in the Illinois State Bar Association Real Property Newletter and been quoted in Illinois Bar Journal regarding the attorney’s role in a real estate transaction. To read further about the qualifications of the Illinois real estate attorneys at the Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, LLC., visit our Attorney Profiles page.
- WE OFFER A HIGH QUALITY OF SERVICE. Read what our clients say about our services on our testimonials page.
- WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION. We’ve gained a positive reputation amongst numerous satisfied clients, Real Estate Agents and Mortgage Brokers alike. Read what our clients and other professionals have to say about us on our testimonials page.
- WE HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF CHANGING REAL ESTATE LAWS, LOCAL RULES & CUSTOMS. Our practice has been located in the western suburbs and has focused in the area of real estate law for 30+ years, so we know the local rules & customs.
CALL US at (630) 575-0400
or FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM
If you have questions about the application of the law in a particular case, consult your lawyer. The law is constantly changing. Information on this site or any site to which we link does not constitute legal advice.