Real Estate Sales & Purchases
Our Real Estate Focus:
- * Residential Real Estate Purchases & Sales
- * Commercial & Investment Real Estate Purchases & Sales
- * Condominium Conversions
- * New Construction Real Estate Purchases
- * Representing Purchasers of REO properties or properties in foreclosure
- * Condominium Board Representation
- * Condominium & Homeowners Association Representation
- * Drafting and Amending Condominium Declaration and By-laws
- * Drafting Contracts and Amendments
- * Drafting Illinois Deeds, including Quit Claim Deeds
- * 1031 Exchanges
- * Land Trusts
- * Mechanic’s Liens
- * Real Estate Title Examination
Answers to Real Estate FAQs:
- What Happens at Closing?
- So You Think You Don’t Need An Attorney . . .
- Our Oak Brook Attorneys Can Draft Your Contract
- General Time Line for a Home Sale/Purchase
- Who Are All the People Involved in a Real Estate Deal?
- Selling Your Home? You Need an Attorney
- Why You Need a Lawyer for a Residential Real Estate Deal in Illinois
- Legal Services for Residential Real Estate
- Legal Concerns for Unmarried Partners/Couples Buying a Home Together
- Why You Need a Lawyer for a Residential Real Estate Purchase
Mortgages and Related FAQs:
- Shopping for a Mortgage?
- 5 Tips for Shopping for a Mortgage
- The Mortgage Process
- Who Does Your Mortgage Broker Represent?
- Federal Reserve Consumer Help on Home Mortgages
- Should You Apply for a Jumbo Loan?
- Understand FICO Scores aka Credit Scores
- Is your loan originator properly registered with the State of Illinois?
- The Downside to F.H.A. Loans
- Can You Afford to Buy Your First Home?
What Our Real Estate Clients Say About Us:
“We wanted to thank all of you for the enormous effort you put in to helping us get our home. We love it! Thanks again for a job well done.” Seth & Kim - western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
“This is just a quick note to say thanks for helping us with our new home purchase in Oak Park. The closing went very smoothly - and we very much appreciate all your efforts in making it so. You very patiently and thoroughly explained all the documentation, leaving us feeling knowledgeable and comfortable. Thanks so much again, and we hope you have a prosperous new year.” Jason & Jennifer -Oak Park, Illinois
”The Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, Ltd. handled my house closing, and I could never ask for better attorneys. They were on time with all the papers and tied up all the loose ends. They were professional, but also friendly and personable. I highly recommend them.” Darlene - Chicago, Illinois
“Thank you both very much for all your dedicated and professional help with the closing of my home. You both helped me feel at ease in a very stressful situation!” Garry - La Grange, Illinois
“Thank you so much for your excellent work on helping us close on both homes. My wife and I really appreciate you - you really went out of your way to make everything go so smoothly. I’m going to miss working with you. Thanks again!” Brian & Beth - Oak Park, Illinois
“Thank you for helping me with the purchase of my first home. You are very efficient and thorough and I appreciate your professional experience. I will certainly refer you to other clients when they need an attorney.” Stephen - Hinsdale, Illinois
“Thank you so much for your legal, professional assistance in selling our home. It was a real ordeal for me and you made it an easier process for me & my family.” Leta - Chicago, Illinois
“Thanks again for all your help, you really made this stressful process seem like a breeze. I’m very thankful [my real estate agent] told me about you. Once again thanks for everything.” Kevin - Chicago, Illinois
“I was very pleased with your firm’s work on my condo purchase and I was confident that all the documents and related materials were accurate and well-executed. It’s never my plan to need lots of interaction with attorneys, but when I do need one, I want to be comfortable knowing that my attorney is legally savvy and capable and also human and caring. I felt that when I worked with you.” Elizabeth - Chicago, Illinois
“Thanks for everything. You are really on top of things. I love my new place.” Linda - western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
What Real Estate Professionals Say About Us:“Colleen is an exemplary member of the legal profession. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her. I have known her for many years and found her to be of high integrity in all of our dealings. She has a well earned reputation for conducting herself in a principled and straight forward manner.”
Mary Pellegrini, Prairie Title Services, Inc., Oak Park, IL